The Clanton Fire Department currently has twenty-two on call members that answer an average of 1,500 calls annually. The department provides
Advanced Life Support, Fire Suppression and Technical Rescue out of two stations. The department has three engines, one aerial apparatus and two
Advanced Life Support units. The department currently has thirteen licensed emergency medical technicians, four of which are paramedics. The
department also has several members that hold numerous certifications from the Alabama Fire College.
The Clanton Fire Department is dedicated to providing public safety to our citizens that result in a better quality of life. As an
organization and individual members, we strive to protect the lives and property of the citizens of Clanton, through safely and efficiently
providing Code Enforcement, Public Education and Emergency Services. We will work diligently with harmony each day to provide the services
we promote. We care about our customers, their property and each other. Our members are the avenue through which daily operations touch lives,
reduce suffering and protect property.
The Clanton Fire Department was formed and the ordinance to create a fire department for the Town of Clanton was signed and adopted on
November 24, 1922 by Mayor V.J. Gragg. The fire department at that time had three hand-pulled hose wagons, one of which is currently on display
at Station One, and a larger horse-pulled wagon that carried ladders and other firefighting equipment. The first fire engine was an American
LaFrance and was purchased in 1927. A picture of the fire engine and members of the department at that time is also on display at Station One.